- greater than 32kb text editing
- drag and drop
- complete factoring and recordability for AppleScript
- bidirectional scripts (Arabic & Hebrew)
- multibyte characters (Asian languages -- Japanese, Chinese, etc.)
- inline text entry (Asian languages)
- incredible flexibility (for developers)
VText is not a reincarnation of the TextEdit API.
VText is not a C++ PowerPlant wrapper to some other text engine.
VText is a text engine built to the object oriented API defined in PowerPlant's "AppleEvent Classes" -- but built entirely from scratch. VText further refines that API by adding support for rulers, bidirectional scripts, multibyte characters, and inline TSM text entry.
|Press release||Announcement of immediate availability.|
|Samples||Illustrations of tabs, rulers, and WorldScript compatibility.|
|Demo||Download a full featured demonstration application that includes syntax styling for C/C++ & HTML files.|
|Manual||Complete VText manual.|
|License||Online copy of the VText source licensing agreement.|
|Download||Updates for the VText library. Includes description of relaxed distribution policies.|
|Registration||Register your purchased copy of the VText library here. Registered users receive email notification of updates.|